Table of Contents
A prominent US based transport authority. The busiest and largest transit system in North America , has a daily rider ship of 7 million trips (over 2 billion annually).
The sustained rider ship growth in the network resulted in delay in implementation of proposed capital projects. Existing capital legacy funding system was not efficient enough to handle the new state of business and has led to an increase in cost per project execution.
The client operates the following 3 systems
- City Subway, a rapid transit system in four other suburbs
- A rapid transit line on an Island (operated by the Island’s Rapid Transit Operating Authority, a subsidiary)
- A city department of Buses, a bus network serving all the boroughs, now operated under MTA Regional Bus Operations with the city’s transit personnel.
Kumaran solution provided the required efficiency in the capital funding system through workflow automation, accurate processing of funding data, and modernization in architecture integration, which were important to answer the business pain of the city transit
The solution has the ability to integrate into any technology stack like Open system, Open source, SOA which gives the required cost effectiveness and usage of latest technology advancements.
Real time Fund Data processing
- Funding data is processed real time through centralized repository for data processing.
- The workflow processes funding data about 10 times in volume than a legacy system. The workflow also eliminates data errors enabling accurate reporting of capital funds.
- Real time processing of funding data enables centralized data storage having the potential to bring in all agencies under single workflow.
- Real time processing of accelerated vouchering to transmit the checks to vendors.
- Improvement in turnaround of payment to vendors through accelerated vouchering.
The solution had the ability to integrate with J2EE, SOA and open source which gives an advantage of cost effectiveness and usage of latest technology advancements.
Capital Funding System adopt(s) modernization efficiently and cost effectively, helping it better meet today’s needs and strategically position it for future growth.
Modernization in capital funding system:
- Integration with Business Intelligence for report data mining. Crystal Reports is a Business Intelligence application used to design and generate reports from a wide range of data sources.
- Elimination of redundancy in the data
- Ajax is the server side technology, used to create a rich, interactive user experience in the Capital Funding System.
- Advanced Job Schedulers are used for automation and to trigger the batch jobs in Capital Funding System.
- Legacy to Relational Data Management Systems migration which provides multi-user access to a number of databases, a Cross-platform support, Load balancing, OLAP, OLTP, Embedded systems, Data warehousing etc.
- Ability to work with suitable data structure
- For a better UI, Oracle ADF provides a pluggable look-and- feel (PLAF) capability, which allows to changing the appearance based on the User’s customized look-and-feel setting.
- Build time reduction – using modern IDEs (Jdeveloper, Eclipse) and a toolset of tricks it is possible to almost eliminate the build from the turnaround and can achieve Zero Turnaround. (Turnaround is the time it takes for the changes in code to propagate to the running application)