Table of Contents
- The bank uses a Loan Origination and Processing System which was built in Monolithic architecture using JEE stack.
- The application undergoes lot of changes. For each change, the entire application needs to be tested to make sure that nothing has broken.
- Due to the Monolithic nature, memory leaks in any module brings down the entire application.
- Troubleshooting any issues within the application has become a very difficult due to the size of the application.
- Kumaran has broken down the application into multiple functional units.
- Each functional unit has been developed as a microservice, using Java Spring Boot.
- Redhat OpenShift container platform was used for deployments.
- The deployment was done using CI-CD pipelines with automation test scripts developed to test each microservice.
- The solution allows each service to be developed and maintained by individual teams.
- Any changes to the services can be done without impacting to the other services. by reducing the downtime of the entire application.
- DevOps and Agile enables seamless development and deployment reducing timeline
- Each service can be scaled independently